Case Study: Repair of Leaking Water Sluice Valves at Bukit Layong
Beaver Engineering case study APAC0009 – Chesterton products – Chesterton Industrial Lubricants
The Chesterton CMS 2000 injectable pump sealant is an environmentally friendly seal that operates with minimal to no leakage. With its flushless stuffing leakage control made of high-purity, reinforced fibre, this sealant creates a solid, composite ring that has no leak paths. The injectable formula is the perfect solution for stopping ongoing leakage issues and keeps pump areas dry and ready for use.
Products featured in the case study:
- Chesterton CMS 2000 Injectable Packing System
- The existing valves are already more than 30 years old.
- They are corroded with ongoing leaking issues.
- The plant is unable to fully shutdown for actual repair works as it is one of the main transmission lines from Water Treatment Plants (DWS).
- Proposed the use of Chesterton CMS 2000 to rectify the existing leaks.
- No shutdown of the main water line is required during the whole work process
- Leaking issues have been successfully resolved without any downtime.
- It has been ten months since its last repair works and the valves are still in good working condition.
Economic Advantages of Chesterton CMS 2000 in Pump Sealing:
- No flush ever needed
- Prevent leakage
- Improve equipment uptime
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Reduce inventory costs
- Lower operating costs
Chesterton® is a world leader in helping process industry companies and manufacturers improve the reliability and efficiency of their rotating, stationary, and fluid power equipment platforms. We are known across a wide range of industries for our award-winning pump and valve sealing solutions, applications expertise, equipment maintenance and wear-prevention products, and knowledgeable hands-on local service.
Mentioned in the case study:
Exclusive Distributor of Chesterton products – Brunei
® Registered trademark owned by A.W. Chesterton Company
Case Number APAC0009 – Issued 08/20