Drilling Rig Upgrade
Customer required a quick turnaround on a rebuild of a long stroke cylinder but could not source the packing kits in a timely fashion. The equipment was sitting idle and production was down.
Cylinder operates in a tough and rugged environment, and is impacted by significant side and shock loading that leads to premature failure.
Provide a turn-key kit for ease of use by maintenance that extends maintenance interval >6 months.
Chesterton developed a custom sealing kit within the client’s timeframe to get the machine back online as soon as possible.
- In-field experience and engineering know-how quickly identified application solution
- Proprietary thermoset seal material is able to withstand these extreme conditions
- Turn-key kit provided all components in one box with no need to source individual components.
- Easy to install by maintenance
Improved Performance & Reliability
- Customer was able to quickly rebuild the cylinder and put the drill back in service
- Top quality seals and components provided increased reliability
- Repair has been in place for nearly 1 year, which has exceeded customer expectations
MTBR improvements: 1.5X and counting