Live Loading Installation at Air Cooled Heat Exchanger
Chesterton Asia Pacific case study APAC0005 – Chesterton products – Chesterton Flange Sealings and Lubricants
Chesterton® offers a complete range of gasket materials that provide excellent sealability and superior reliability. Our line of sheet, tape, semi-metallic and metallic gaskets covers a broad range of applications from critical high performance and specialty flange sealing products to general service products suitable for plant-wide use.
Products featured in the case study:
The presence of drops of hot oil from the air-cooled heat exchanger (ACHE) caused safety problems in a gas terminal plant since hot bolting action require workers to be supervised and attended daily (see the figure below), increasing operator risk and safety concerns and increased costs.
The management of the facility decided to resolve the problem by using Chesterton solutions, given that their previous equipment proved to be leak-free after installing Chesterton Live Loading in 2018.
- No signs of hot oil leaks after one year of live load installation.
- The contractor no longer needs to perform hot bolting in standby mode.
- Eliminated safety and risk issues to plant personnel.
- Chesterton® 5505H 60K Flange Spring size ¾” installed one spring under each nut.
- Chesterton® 772 applied to all studs, washers and nuts.
- Kammprofile gasket supplied by SJP; tightened by manual torque wrench (200 Nm).
Chesterton® is a world leader in helping process industry companies and manufacturers improve the reliability and efficiency of their rotating, stationary, and fluid power equipment platforms. Chesterton® is known across a wide range of industries for our award-winning pump and valve sealing solutions, applications expertise, equipment maintenance and wear-prevention products, and knowledgeable hands-on local service.
Mentioned in the case study:
SJP Sealing Technology (S) Pte Ltd
Exclusive Distributor of Chesterton products
Locations: Singapore and Malaysia