Matrix Seal Success in Coal Mining
- A client experienced continuous oil leaks after startup on a conveyor gearbox.
- Contamination was entering the bearing housing, resulting in frequent seal changes and considerable downtime costs.
- The seals lasted only four weeks.
A Chesterton representative installed two Chesterton Matrix Rotary Seals:
- One faced the bearing to seal lubrication.
- The other faced the retainer ring to prevent outside contamination from entering the bearing housing.
- Both seals were installed rapidly without the need for disassembly of equipment, thereby minimizing downtime.
Back to Case Studies
- MTBR increased to 18 months, 12X the previous method with zero leakage!
- Matrix Seals offer an excellent solution for long-term bearing protection.
- With the split seal design, the Matrix Seal can be installed in minutes, delivering significant savings on critical downtime!