ARC MX FG Protects Machinery and Tanks Exposed to Wet and Dry Fine Particle /Abrasive Slurries in Food Processing and Many Industrial Applications
August 31, 2020 – Groveland, Massachusetts:
A.W. Chesterton Company, a leader in equipment sealing and reliability, has added ARC MX FG to its high-performance range of ARC Industrial Coatings to help companies protect equipment and vessels exposed to abrasion from fine particle flow and slurries.
ARC MX FG is a two-part, 100% solids, no-VOC system suited for equipment involved in direct food contact such as chutes and hoppers, mixers and agitators, transport screws/augers, and pumps. It can also be used in a wide range of other industries – including mining and ore processing, wastewater, specialty chemical, and pulp and paper. ARC MX FG is a trowel applied ceramic-reinforced epoxy that offers advanced protection over rubber linings and ceramic tile for fine particle wear.
“This product was developed to perform in fine particle flow abrasion applications, including slurry conditions. Chesterton has always been a market leader in abrasion resistance ceramic reinforced epoxy liners and this new addition to our line increases our application window to include direct food contact exposures such as seen in grain, seed oil, cane and beet sugar as well as salt processing operations governed by FDA regulations” says Steve Bowditch, Director of Product Marketing for ARC Industrial Coatings. “This is a tough, ceramic-reinforced coating that resists a broad range of slurries and pH.”
ARC MX FG complies to 21 CFR 175.300 for Condition C and less severe exposures for:
- Type II – Acidic (pH 5.0 or below), aqueous products; may contain salt or sugar or both, including oil-in-water emulsions of low or high-fat content food.
- Type III – Aqueous, acid or nonacid products containing free oil or fat; may contain salt, and including water-in-oil emulsions of low or high-fat content.
- Type IVA – Dairy products and modifications: Water in oil emulsion, high or low fat.
- Type IVB – Dairy products and modifications: Oil in water emulsion, high or low fat.
- Type V – Low moisture fats and oils, Condition C.
- Type VIII – Dry solid foods.
Operating in over 100 countries around the world, Chesterton is recognized as a leading provider of knowledge backed solutions and expert service for Rotary, Stationary, and Fluid Power equipment supported by a comprehensive line of industrial fluid sealing solutions, high-performance protective coatings, and specialty industrial lubrication/MRO products.