Outstanding physical features and technical characteristics make Chesterton Customseal spring-energized seals the ideal choice in wide variety of critical industrial equipment and applications.
Spring-energized seals can be used in both dynamic and static applications. Dynamic applications cover reciprocating (linear), rotary, and oscillating movements or any combination.
Considerations when determining whether to use standard polymeric seals or spring-energized seals include:
- Temperature (operating and ambient possible maximum/minimum)
- Operating pressure (what is not necessarily the maximum pressure in the system)
- Velocity (moving speed)
- Media (chemical compatibility: especially important in case of aggressive medias)
- Friction level and wear
- Environment (for example, abrasive conditions)
- Application and operation of the equipment
- Seal cavity configuration
- Shelf-life limitation