Metal detectable seals
Chesterton Customseal has introduced a range of metal detectable (MDx) elastomeric materials. Using metal detectable materials provides increased
flexibility to produce elastomer sealing components to the food and beverage industry using best practice requirements. The metal detectable material assists in reducing the risk of contaminating the products being processed.
Utilising metal detectable products provides assurance to food, dairy and beverage manufacturers by protecting product safety and integrity.
These innovative solutions have been intended to offer companies in the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and other contamination-sensitive industries,
the peace of mind at any stage of the production.
Chesterton Customseal supplies a range of metal detectable materials:
- EPDM ethylene propylene diene monomer rubber
- FKM fluoroelastomer
- NBR acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber
- PU polyurethane
All these materials are specifically designed to meet the needs of the food, beverage, dairy and pharmaceutical industries.
Some of the key advantages of using metal detectable seals
- Easy detection of lost elastomer fragments
- Reduction of the risk of product failure or recall
- Prevention of the distribution of contaminated products
- FDA compliance for use with drinks and food
- Highly durable, reducing the likelihood of unplanned downtime
- Wide range of operating temperatures for greater safety